Forney 31250 E6011 Welding Rod, 1/8-Inch, 50-Pound
I use this rod for nearly everything I build!
The Forney 31250 6011 Mild Steel Super Sixty Welding Rod is a mild steel, all position rod with strong arc force for deep penetration. Fast metal solidification facilitates welding in vertical and overhead positions. Light slag allows for easy clean-up. Excellent for rusty steel because of the strong arc force. Useful for galvanized tanks, steel casting, and pressure pipe. 1/8-Inch ie.3.175 mm diameter rod. 50-Pound ie.22.7 kg. Tensile strength 60,000 PSI Amperage 80-130 amps AC, DCEP, DCEN Either Polarity. Typical Spec Example E6011: E is for electrode. The next two numbers ie.60, 70 or 80 indicates the tensile strength of the rod for example 60,000. The third number tells the welding position; ie.1=All position ie.2=Flat or Horizontal position ie.4=Flat, Horizontal, Overhead, and Vertical Down position. The fourth number indicates the type of current to be used and coating of the rod; ie.0=Cellulose Sodium, with deep penetration, use Direct Current Electrode Positive ie.1=Cellulose Potassium, with deep penetration, use AC or Direct Current Electrode Positive, or Direct Current Electrode Negative ie.3=Titania Potassium, with light penetration, use AC or Direct Current Electrode Positive ie.8=Low Hydrogen, Iron Powder, with medium penetration use AC or Direct Current Electrode Positive. Claims for warranty must be made within 90 days of the date of purchase. Proof of purchase required. This warranty does not cover any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, negligence or accident, or that has been used in any way contrary to the purpose intended.
- The product is 50LB 1/8″ 6011 Weld Rod
- Easy to use
- All position welding, all-purpose rod for deep penetration and fast freezing on dirty, rusty and painted materials
- Smooth arc wetting and spread with good spatter providing fast deposition and flatter contour fillets offering faster travel speeds^Minimal surface preparation required
- Minimal surface preparation required
- Excellent for galvanized steel and rusty/oily steel in maintenance or repair applications
- Dependable and ideal for AC operation, can be welded DC+ too
Check current Amazon Pricing here.